(Please, this process to be managed by students, not parent/tutors)
Show your best self through your level of thinking and effort
When You're Absent
- I get it: sometimes you need to miss a class.
- The good news is that this CORE class centers on conversation, collaboration, and shared classroom experiences, and most of your coursework will be completed in class.
- The not-so-good news is that some of what we do cannot be completed outside of class, so absences may make it tricky to "catch up" with what the class is doing.
- When you miss class, it is your responsibility to learn what you have missed (note taking, mapping, writing, etc.) and to complete necessary work in a timely manner. Suggestions:
- Check online for communication (Google Classroom, class website).
- Call a study buddy from class to find out what assignments you missed and when they are due.
- See me outside of class time to make sure you know what you need to do.
- If you miss more than four classes, meet with me to make a schedule for submitting your work.
- Remember: finding out what you need to do -- and doing it -- is your responsibility.
I am a reasonable person and understand that sometimes things get in the way of you meeting your class responsibilities. If, however, you make a habit of not completing assignments or submitting your work after the due date, we will need to meet to problem solve. Remedies may include utilizing Panther Time, increasing parent involvement, and/or participating in the weekly audit program.
Do Your Own Work